BoatBid Terms and Conditions
Please help us to keep BoatBid.com an enjoyable and positive experience. If you see a listing or information that violates the rules below, or if you are unsure of any details please let us know by contacting us through the BoatBid.com contact desk.
- All BoatBid Auction catalogues are displayed and updated in real time. You need to monitor the Online Auction Catalogue to make sure that any vessel is still available for you to place a bid on as boats may be sold prior to auction.
- Please contact the Boatshed Broker responsible for any vessel prior to travelling or viewing, to confirm the vessel is still available.
- BoatBid.com is a subsidiary of Boatshed.com Inc; use of this site is on the understanding that all brokerage transactions are undertaken by Boatshed.com Yacht Brokers.
- All Transactions handled by Boatshed.com Yacht Brokers are undertaken under standard terms, contracts and conditions of the British Marine Federation.
- All vessels are offered for sale subject to standard Boatshed contract.
- Should both parties agree on an offer, any sale or purchase will then be conducted solely by Boatshed Yacht Brokers, under their standard terms and conditions.
- In order to participate in an auction you must be registered with Boatshed and set a password for your account.
The particulars detailed herein are intended to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, these particulars are not a part of any contract or offer and are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Boatshed Brokerages, who are acting as brokers for the vendor. The vendor is not selling in the course of a business unless otherwise stated. The prospective purchaser is strongly recommended to check the particulars and where appropriate, at his own expense, to employ qualified agents to carry out surveys, structural and/or mechanical & electrical.
BoatBid.com Rights to Terminate
You agree that BoatBid.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate any auction or use of the service immediately and without notice if (a) BoatBid.com believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit of the Boatbid.com Terms of Service or (b) if BoatBid.com believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of other users, Boat buyers or sellers.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your transmissions through this service. You must ensure that your participation does not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
You must not transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You must also not transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
Our services are available only to registered BoatBid.com or Boatshed.com customers who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. We require your full address and telephone number contact information on registration. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to persons under 18 years of age. If you do not qualify, please do not use BoatBid.com.
BoatBid.com acts as the venue for potential buyers to place bids only. BoatBid.com are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers, this is the responsibility solely of Boatshed.com Yacht Brokers and it's franchisees.
As a result, BoatBid.com have no control over the quality, safety, truth or accuracy of the vessels listed. BoatBid.com cannot and do not control whether or not sellers will complete the sale of items they offer or buyers will complete the purchases of items they have bid on. In addition, note that there are risks of dealing with foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
There is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer relationship between BoatBid.com and any User of the service.
You give BoatBid.com a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights, in any existing or future media, known or unknown, over the material or User Data displayed in Your listings or bids. For the purpose of this Agreement, "User Data" shall mean all information (if any) submitted by You, (the "User") to BoatBid.com with the exception of credit card numbers, bank account numbers etc.
No Resale or Unauthorised commercial use of the service
- You agree not to make any unauthorised commercial use of the service without express written consent of BoatBid.com.
- BoatBid.com makes no warranty that the service will meet your requirements, or that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or entirely error free.
- We do not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by sellers or buyers and obtained through the service.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of this Agreement or otherwise), even if that loss or damage was foreseeable by, or the possibility of it was brought to the attention of BoatBid.com
- We reserve the right to provide counter parties with information pertaining to a complaint or statement, written or oral, made against them by you or a third-party acting with or without your consent. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release BoatBid.com (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, know and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- User agrees that BoatBid.com shall not be responsible or liable to user, or anyone for the statements or conduct of any third party on the service.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from BoatBid.com or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- You agree that use of the service is at user's sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and an "as available" basis. You must reimburse us for any loss, cost or expense which we suffer if someone else makes a claim against us as consequence of the use of the service by you or by someone else from your computer.
- BoatBid.com shall not be responsible for any items sold by Auction, for any damage to items during transit or during the inspection period, nor for misrepresentations and/or breaches of contract by either buyer and/or seller. BoatBid.com shall not be responsible for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or any losses resulting from any goods purchased or obtained.
- BoatBid.com assumes no liability for the content of the listings. The seller shall reimburse BoatBid.com for all losses BoatBid.com may suffer as a result of the listing, unless that loss is due to BoatBid.com's act or omission.
Boats listed for sale on BoatBid.com
The right to sell items through our service is subject to any vessel being listed by a BoatBid.com representative and a current signed Boatshed.com listing agreement being in place at the time of any auction.
BoatBid.com rights to cancel bids
If any user of BoatBid.com is seen to have broken any of these rules their account will be held and all auctions removed from BoatBid.com without notice. It is at the sole discretion of BoatBid.com if the account will be re-opened or not.
False or Misleading statements
In registering and using the Boatbid.com or Boatshed.com system you must not make false or misleading statements or give false or misleading information. If you are found to have made false or misleading statements or given false or misleading information Boatbid.com will remove any bids or suspend access to the Boatbid.com system, plus refer all information to the appropriate authorities.
Modification to the service
BoatBid.com reserve the right to modify or discontinue the service if there is a change in the law or our operational requirements. We will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer if we have to modify or cease the service for reasons beyond our control if we give you at least 24 hours notice. In certain exceptional circumstances beyond our control we may have to change or discontinue the service without giving you this amount of notice. If this is the case we will give you as much notice as we can.
This site and content is copyright Boatshed 1998 - 2015. All rights reserved.
Boatshed Inc. hereby authorises you to view, copy and distribute the contents of this site subject to the following conditions:
The contents of this site are used for informational purposes only.
Any copy of the contents of this site or portion thereof must include a copyright notice in its entirety.
The material on this site is protected by copyright and/or database rights throughout the world and is owned by Boatshed or its Franchisees. You may not commercialise any of the contents of the website unless you have obtained our prior written consent. Appropriate acknowledge of the copyright owner is required if material is republished in any format, even where we have given our consent.
The words "Boatshed" "BoatBid" and the logo are registered trademarks of Boatshed Inc. and may not be used without our prior written consent.
Note that any information, know-how, technology, software, program, publication, design, process, or idea described in this site may be the subject of other rights, including other intellectual property rights, which are owned by Boatshed Inc or other interested parties and are not licensed to you hereunder.
By placing a vessel for sale on the BoatBid.com system or by placing a bid on a boat you agree to abide by the above terms and conditions.
Questions should be addressed to:
The Engine House, Royal Clarence Yard, Weevil Lane, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 1AX
Registered in England & Wales
Company Registration No. 4859944 UK
VAT Registration No. 871 6546 01